{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Monday, March 29, 2010

Couponing is not just for cheap groceries...

I am amazed at the different deals I have been able to get from couponing that have nothing to do with groceries. At Target I got a pillow (who can't use a new extra pillow!?) and the Battleship game for $3.04!
At Toys R Us, I got Toy Story and Toy Story 2 DVD & BluRay combo pack for.... $13.98! Plus, each DVD has a free movie ticket for Toy Story 3 valued at $8.99 each!
6 jumbo packs diapers, 2 tubes toothpaste, 2 Almay mascara's, & 4 Snickers from Walgreens all for $23.56! (I'm so excited b/c I think I have enough diapers now to get Hudson through the potty training process! I LOVE having stock piles!)
I've been wanting to get Porter and Hudson each a lawn mower so they can help Daddy when he mows the lawn. Toys R Us was having a Buy One Get One Free Little Tikes sale, so I got both of these for $24.99. I didn't use coupons for this deal, but it was something I was going to buy anyways, so I was super excited! The Easter Bunny is going to give these cute lawn mowers to my little guys for Easter:)
So, I know you are still wondering how I get these deals. Honestly, it would take me a looooong time to explain everything myself. I will tell you what I did to learn. I started following local blogs and websites that find the deals for you. The ones I follow are on my side bar. Seriously, they find all the deals for the different stores, they tell you exactly what coupons to use and from where, and they give you scenarios on how to do the transaction/s correctly. That doesn't mean I never make mistakes. I do, but you can always take the items back! For you locals, I also went to a couponing class taught by one of the gals from Frugal Living NW. She holds classes all over the Portland Metro area (your only payment is to bring 5 cans of food). On most of the couponing websites, they have "just beginning" links you can click on. I read all of these, which helped, also. I started very small, just choosing one store and only doing one deal. As I caught on and became more confident, I started going to more stores and doing many more deals! Hope this helps! Seriously, I could break down every single item I purchased and tell you how I did it, but these websites have it done already, so check them out!
*If you are still confused after looking at these sites, and want me to explain in more detail what exactly I do, let me know.

4 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

I just went to Target this afternoon and got some games! :) Your boys will be so cute with their lawn mowers.

I briefly glanced at your web-site. I will look at it more tomorrow but it looks really good! We've got to talk and work out some kind of deal with Hudson. If you still want to! Let me know!

Michele said...

I'm so jealous of all your good deals! I just sort of made up my own pattern for the sleeping bags. With Corbin's I cut 10 inch squares using 4 yards of fabric then just sewed it together like a normal quilt and added a small square on one side for the pillow part. So it's in the shape of Utah when it's lying flat. They're pretty simple. If you make them, let me know and I'll send you better instructions! :)

Cadie said...

A pillow and a game??? That is such a weird combination! That's the kind of thing that makes it sound confusing...that you have to figure out what combination of items to buy and with what coupon where. I looked at some of the sites you listed. It still looks confusing to me. I admire the effort that you must have put into learning how to read all those blogs and find coupons and all that stuff! I'm not sure I will ever figure it out. I shall just continue to live vicariously through being impressed with all your sweet deals!

The Grimmett's said...

Some are from Target, some are from TRU! I was at both stores last night and both had plenty of games. HTH!