{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Preschool Year Down, A Lot to Go!


I did it! I just finished my first year of teaching preschool! I think back to this last year, and sometimes I don't know how I did it. Planning and making lesson plans each week, taking care of two very busy kids, having a baby in the middle of the school year, keeping up with church callings, keeping up with house work and everything else that comes with being a mom, but I did it! I had soooooo much fun & I am going to miss teaching and miss my kids, but I am ready for Summer Break!

We made homemade ice cream in ziploc bags when we talked about cows during our unit on farm animals.
We tried to catch bugs when we were learning about them. Porter caught a whole bunch and even caught a frog!
Our last day of preschool I threw a party. I realized that I didn't take any pictures of it. Bummer. It was in the evening so the whole family could come. We had a picnic in my backyard on blankets. The kids played on our play structure, and I had bubbles in the sand and water table. I made these super cute butterfly cupcakes in honor of the butterflies we had in our classroom. I ordered caterpillars and we watched them eat and eat and eat, then make chrysallis' and then come out butterflies! It was so interesting to watch that process!
The kids sang a couple of their favorite songs from preschool and then I gave them a book and this pillowcase:
What a fun year! I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Wow, what a great party! You really did a lot, good job! What fun to have your own preschool, but a lot of work especially with all the other things.