{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Sunday, October 21, 2012

As if I'm not busy enough!

I have been so so so busy this fall! I knew that's how it would be taking on homeschooling, in addition to teaching preschool, canning (glad that's over for the year!) Primary stuff, and life in general! When I decided to home-school Porter, I didn't know if I would have any time to do anything I would like to do. I had no expectations. I just knew that teaching my children was my top priority! Somehow, I've been able to have some "me" time and be a little crafty (usually late at night after the kiddos have gone to bed). Here's what I've been up to:

I've been making my own laundry soap for several months now. I love it! I love that it costs pennies to make! I love knowing what's in my laundry detergent! I've been very happy with it, and I will continue to make my own.
This summer when my parents went to Iowa to work on some of their properties, my mom spotted a bunch of these windows in a dumpster. These babies sell for some good money at craft fairs! My dad was nice enough to go dumpster diving & nab some of these gorgeous windows before they were thrown away! And then they drove them all the way back from Iowa and this one on to Oregon just for me! I have awesome parents! And I looooove my antique window in my entry way!
This is one of my favorite crafty projects that I've done. I had this super cute tootsie picture taken this summer. I spray painted a board that was the same size as the pic, then glued the pic on with mod podge. I let that dry then sanded the edges, then put another coat of mod podge on top. Two eye hooks and some pretty ribbon & it's done! I looooooove how it turned out! Every time I walk past it, it puts a smile on my face!
And since it's Halloween time, here's my Halloween shelf! The pumpkins I made last year. They are dollar-store pumpkins covered in festive fabric & then mod podged. The BOO is a new addition this year. My hubby was so awesome to cut the wood for me. I just used some wood I had lying around. Then I used scrapbook paper & mod podged that onto the letters. It was so easy & cheap to make (just the cost of the paper!) I love how it turned out, also! And my new friend is mod podge:)

1 comment:

Desiree said...

love the tootsie picture!