{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Zoo Adventure!

I decided to take Porter and Hudson to the zoo on Monday because the weather was so nice. We got there and realized that everyone in the Portland Metro area decided to go to the zoo, also! We drove around for a half hour looking for parking, and decided it wasn't worth it. I didn't want to turn around and go home, but I also don't know the area very well and didn't want to get lost. I felt adventurous, though, and decided to drive around and look for something else to do. Past the Rose Gardens, I found an awesome park. I decided this would be the next best thing to the zoo. We had our picnic there and Porter LOVED playing in the sandbox (even though we didn't have any sand toys). I didn't get a picture of the play structure, but it was huge! It was almost too big- it was hard to keep Porter in my sight!


After spending 3 hours at the park, I decided to drive by the zoo on our way home and see how crowded it was. Porter was still talking about the zoo, so I really wanted to go. It was still crowded, but I could see parking spaces, so I decided since we were here, we would go in for awhile. That's the nice thing about season passes, you don't have to spend all day there to get your money's worth. We just went to one section (the area with the bears) and stayed for one hour. We were all tired by that time and I didn't want to get stuck in rush hour traffic. Things didn't go as planned, but it was still a fun day and we were outside in the nice weather all day. I wish the weather would last, but today and the rest of the week are supposed to be cooler with rain coming our way. Bummer!


No comments: