{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

Our Big Boy!

Hudson is 18 months old today! I have been looking forward to this day for a long time... not that I am looking forward to my babies growing up so fast, but it has been a huge challenge keeping Hudson for all meetings of church. He has a set a lungs, is a wiggle worm, and won't stay still on a lap. I take my hat off to Brandon, because he's the one that has had to take him to Young Men's with him, because I teach the 5 & 6 yr olds in Primary. Anyways, we are sooooo excited that he is old enough to FINALLY go to Nursery!!!! Porter is super excited to have him in there, also!
Besides going to Nursery, here are some of the other things going on in this little guy's life:
  • He no longer uses a binky! (we ridded him of that habit at 16 months, just in the nic of time)
  • He is getting a mouthful of teeth, pretty much all at once! Poor little guy! His mouth has just been a lumpy, sore mess for a couple of months. Literally, he is getting more front teeth, eye teeth, and molar after molar... all at once!
  • He is communicating so much more, whether through body language, sign language, or saying words. He says: Momma, Dadda, Bubba (that's what he calls Porter), juice (for any drink), shoe, bye-bye, nana, ease (please), no-no, hi, thank you, what's that?... I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but this is what I thought of off the top of my head. He is also starting to put two words together to make a phrase. A couple weeks ago, I had been gone doing errands, and when I got home, he says "Hi momma!" It was so cute to hear my baby say that!
  • He continues to hold his own against his big brother. He doesn't let Porter pick on him too much. And he follows Porter around, copying what he does all the time. He really looks up to him. These two brothers sure love each other and have so much fun together!
  • He can do sommersaults now. Porter taught him how to and now they practice their sommersaults on our family room rug, all the time.
  • I'm not very excited about this one, but he can climb in and out of his crib. I was hoping to hold him off a little longer, but a kid's gonna do what a kid's gonna do! Luckily it hasn't been a big problem yet. He hasn't climbed out after we put him to bed, but when he and Porter are playing in their room, they will both climb in and out.


We love having Hudson in our family! He has such a cute personality and LOVES people! He is easy-going (except at church) and is such a cutie!
WE LOVE YOU, HUDSON!

No comments: