{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bad News & Good News

Bad News: I'm not going to run in the half-marathon this Saturday.

Good News: I'm pregnant!

So, the whole story is I just had my first Dr. appt. and I told him what I was planning on doing on Saturday (running 13.1 miles, that is). There are lots of reasons why he said he wouldn't recommend that: it's going to be hot that day, I've never ran a half marathon before, he just doesn't know how my body will react to running that long while pregnant, and he said I could feel totally fine the whole time running, but then have issues later. My #1 priority is a healthy pregnancy and baby, so of course I'm going to take my Dr.'s advice. (I just try not to think of all the work and long training runs I did to not be able to meet my goal of running a half marathon!)

I'm still going to run through this pregnancy. I ran through both my other pregnancies and I felt so good doing that. I'm just going to do shorter, more normal runs:)

BTW- We will be really excited to welcome this little bundle of joy in January! (and I'm trying not to think about the fact that I will have 3 kids 3 years old and under for awhile!!) It's gonna be crazy, but so worth it!

2 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

Congrats again! I'm not going to lie, I'm like 1 % bummed you won't be running with me and 99 % happy that you're pregnant!!! Like you said, a healthy pregnancy is the top priority!

Michele said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting. And don't worry- 3 isn't as bad as everyone says! :) but it is REALLY busy!! Are you going to the Perry reunion at the end of July?? If so, I'll see you there!