{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Post- Thanksgiving

After Thanksgiving, I did a little Black Friday shopping, as usual. Then I got up into the attic to get down our Christmas decorations. I usually send Brandon up there, but he wasn't home. We both hated going up there because our ladder faced the wrong way, it is dark up there, & there were just beams with a couple pieces of wood to set all our stuff on. Brandon's foot even went through the garage ceiling once because he lost his footing. My dad saw what a pain our attic is, and being his usual self, decided to do something about it!

Here's what our garage looked like during the process!
I'm so glad my dad is so handy! He and Brandon put a floor in so we can use all of our attic & not step through the sheet rock!
And see that light at the top of the picture? My dad wired two lights with a light switch, so we don't have to be up there in the dark! Yay!

And of course Porter had to be in on the action!
Thanks Dad & Brandon! What a nice unplanned surprise!


Meanwhile, during the week, Brody decided to start climbing out of his crib. Am I surprised? No. In fact, Brody stayed in his crib the longest out of all my kids. By 18 mo., Porter & Hudson were both climbing out, so we just switched them to a toddler bed. I have enjoyed the time that Brody didn't attempt to climb out & knew that it would happen sooner or later. This is how I found him one nap time! Hilarious!
And this is what his crib looked like!I had all of their toys in Brody's room because I didn't want toys in Porter & Hudson's room. There's built-in shelves in his room & it was perfect for all the toys... until now. There is no door on the shelves, so the toys have gotta go! I am going to be busy organizing & shuffling to put all the toys in Brody's closet with a lock on it. I've gotta do it fast, because he is not sleeping at all for nap times right now. *sigh*

After Grandma & Grandpa left, we got our tree decorated!

And lights on our house.


And speaking of Grandma & Grandpa leaving, guess who left with them?

Porter!
We decided to let Porter go with Grandma & Grandpa to Utah since we will be going there for Christmas. Still, that's a long time! Here he is on the long drive. Content playing his leapster.

Porter gets to go to school with Grandma! My mom teaches 1st grade, but she said I'm teaching Porter the same stuff that she's teaching her 1st graders, so it has worked out perfectly!

School lunch. Mmmmm...






It was hard to let him go, but it makes me feel better that he's having such a good time! I think it's so cool that he is able to be taught by his Grandma! I love it!
And, without homeschooling, it has freed up so much of my time! I have declared December as my project month! 

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Sweet! How fun for Porter. Well, I couldn't get rid of any of my kids but I have declared December as project month as well. We will be doing "fun Christmas school". I did it last year, and was so glad I did. How pretty, love the tree. Ours isn't up yet, but we're looking forward to it, and yay for the attic!