{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Monday, November 12, 2012

tHanKFuL

I saw this cute idea for a thanksgiving wreath in Family Fun a couple weeks ago. Tonight we had a FHE lesson on being thankful, then I introduced the wreath. We all wrote what we were thankful for on the leaves & pinned them to the wreath & we will be adding to it until Thanksgiving. What I really like about this wreath is it can be used year after year. I think I just started a new family tradition:)
And here are a few of the many things I am thankful for... 

My boys were having fun making art, when Porter said "Look mom, I'm Rudolf!" We were listening to Christmas music, which I'm sure was his inspiration! We have been listening to Christmas music as much as we can because I love it! So I am thankful for Christmas music!
Last week we had some super nice, dry weather. On Sunday we had our family pictures taken. We were all in sweaters & my boys had beanies on, but guess what? It was 70 degrees!!! Luckily we didn't get hot and it was just perfect for getting pictures taken! As nice as the weather was, I knew it wouldn't last, so I decided to get tons of yard work done & winterize the yard. I stuffed our yard debris bin to overflowing in one day!
So that brings me to another thing I am thankful for...my yard! Specifically my  backyard! I am thankful that we were able to re-do our yard and turn it from weeds to beautiful grass. I'm thankful that our house is on two lots, so we have a big yard. I'm thankful that our yard is fenced so that when my kids are driving me crazy I can shoo them outside to play and I can stay inside and not worry about them! Our hard work has definitely been worth it!
Right now my life revolves around teaching my children. Sometimes I feel like that's all I'm doing is teaching preschool & home school! But I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to do so. I LOVE it! It has it's challenges, but I know I will look back on these times & actually miss them. So even though it is hectic & I feel like I don't have time to do other things that I want to do, I am making memories that I will cherish years later when my kids are grown & gone from my home.
I am thankful that my kids make me laugh every day! I love their sense of humor... especially my Porter! He definitely got his Dad's sense of humor!
And I just wanted to add this picture because this little guy is so stinkin cute! He wants to do everything his big brothers are doing. I can't believe he's almost two! Time goes by waaaaaaay too fast! Slow down, please!

No comments: