{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bob's Red Mill

On Thursday, we went with our home school group on a field trip to tour Bob's Red Mill!


They got to watch corn being ground into corn meal.

I think it was pretty interesting for them. And I think seeing the grain being ground had meaning for them because they help/watch me grind my own wheat to make bread. They understand that bread just doesn't come from the store. It starts out as wheat kernels that have to be ground into flour, then made into bread. You'd be surprised how many kids don't know that!

Here's one of the stones that grinds the grain.

They got to take a stalk of wheat ...

separate the kernels from the rest of it...

and then grind those kernels!



And a visit to Bob's Red Mill can not be done without eating at the store! Yum!

What a fun field trip!

No comments: