{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Catching up...

I've been behind on my blogging lately because January was just a crazy month for us. On a sad note, I found out that I had a miscarriage. It was a very early miscarriage and I had just barely found out that I was pregnant. The week that I found out was an emotional roller coaster ride, but I am doing okay now. My Dr. said that 1 in 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage, so it is very common. I am so glad that this did not happen when I was further along. It would have even been harder to deal with. I just try to keep focused on the fact that I have two healthy babies and I need to enjoy my time with them. I do feel so blessed to have my boys and my husband, who has been a huge support to me, also.

On a happier note, this is what I woke up to this morning:
These two are so funny together!
On Monday, Porter had his 3 yr check up and Hudson had his 15 mo. check up. Both are very healthy. Hudson is only 3 in. shorter and 4 lbs lighter than Porter. I think they will be wearing the same size clothes by summer, unless Porter has a huge growth spurt!
Porter is in the 10-15% for height and weight and Hudson is in the 60% for weight and 90% for height. The Dr. has had Porter using an inhaler regularly for his asthma. Yes, Porter has juvenile asthma. It is something that he may grow out of, or it could be something he deals with all of his life. Only time will tell. His inhaler has been so nice, because Porter is a VERY active child, and pre- inhaler he would get coughing so bad that he would throw up! Now he can run his little heart out with no coughing!
Hudson is jabbering like crazy. He will tell you an entire story if you let him. He also says some words that you can understand like: nana (his favorite food), bye-bye, momma, dadda, uh-oh, that? (for what's that?). He signs "Please" while saying "eeeese". He also signs "finished", "thank you", and "more".
Another thing I've had to deal with lately is Hudson's desire to be pants-less and diaper-less! He takes off his pants ALL THE TIME now! And once the pants are off, the diaper usually comes off, too! I've already cleaned up two poopy messes from him taking his pants and diaper off during nap time! Today, he kept taking his pants off and I got tired of putting them back on, so I put him in footie jammies. These are the only things that he can't take off! (I'm waiting for the day when he learns how to do zippers) Any advice, though, on what I can do? He can't wear jammies all the time! And when the weather gets warmer, I won't be able to put him in those, anyways. Help!

This is another thing I have been busy with: saving more money!
Last weekend I went to two stores and this is what I ended up with:
1 box of Ritz crackers, 2 boxes of Lucky Charms, 6 cans diced tomatoes, 4 cans beans, 2 salad dressings, 2 cans of soup, 5 lbs of ribs, 4 packages of cheese, 4 boxes of ziploc bags, 5 bags of Doritos, and a tube of toothpaste. With a $5 rebate and a $2 catalina the final price for all of this food was under $20!!!! Pretty good, huh?

5 comments:

Michele said...

I'm sorry to here about your miscarriage! I can't imagine going thru that. It looks like your boys are having fun!

Dana and ohana said...

I still can't believe that Poter is on the small end and hudson is on the the big end. Well at least ansen isnt the only pee-wee in our ward.

I am sorry about the miscarrage. I know the struggle. I hope you are feeling better!!!! If you need to borrow "big Red" and go for a joy ride then come on over....cause you know that will make you smile!

The Grimmett's said...

Your boys are so dang cute! I love the balloon pic!

I'm really sorry you have to go through that. I totally knew something was going on. I don't know how, but I just did. I even said something to Shaun about it last week.

You know we would LOVE to keep your kids anytime you need it!

Desiree said...

We had a blast at Porter's party, thanks for inviting us. Your boys are adorable! I'm sorry about your loss, it is hard, I went through that too. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow at playgroup if you're there!

Cadie said...

Impressive shopping! How did you learn to do that?