{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It Just Keeps Getting Better!!!

DISCLAIMER: If you are getting tired of all of my savings posts, I will not be offended if you skip them. I am just so excited when I find great deals! I am glad to have a place to be able to share my excitement!

Last week I did this deal at Target and got 2 Herbal Essence Gels, 3 Olay body washes, 2 boxes Hefty One-Zip bags, Travel Size Herbal Essence Shampoo & Cond., and 2 Venus Embrace Razors. I spent $18.41, saved $38.77, and received a $5 Target gift card for buying the razors and received a $5 Target gift card for buying the body washes. Then, in this weeks paper, Olay advertised a $15 rebate if you buy 3 body washes. I thought since I bought these items last week, they would not qualify for the rebate, but when I checked, the rebate started Feb. 12 AND I HAD PURCHASED THE ITEMS ON FEB. 12TH!!! Talk about good luck! So.... with the gift cards and the rebate, I GOT PAID $6.59 TO TAKE THESE ITEMS HOME!!!! It doesn't get better than that!
Yesterday I went to Safeway and Albertsons and this is what I got: 3 boxes Corn Pops, 2 boxes Fruit Loops, 4 cans tomatoes, 5 cans tuna, 4 loaves of bread, 4 boxes of whole wheat pasta, and 2 Right Guard deodorants. I spent $12.86, saved $76.04 and received $5 in Catalinas (coupons you can use on your next transaction).
While I was at Albertsons, I bought about 15 lbs of skinless, boneless chicken breasts. They were on sale for 1.88/lb, which isn't the greatest price, but we were totally out of chicken and Safeway and Costco are more expensive, so I got enough to get us to the next great sale. The chicken was fresh, not frozen, so I didn't want to have to worry about freezing each breast individually, but I also didn't want to freeze them all together and have one huge chicken mass. This is what I decided to do:
A gal in my old ward gave me this idea and this is the first time I am trying it. I rinsed the chicken and put it in the crock pot. Added some salt and garlic, and I am in the process of cooking it on low for 6 hours. When it's done cooking, I'm going to shred half and cube half and put it in freezer bags in portions that I think my family will use in one sitting. Then I will have already cooked chicken to use for enchiladas, quesadillas, burritos, curry, chicken salad sandwiches... basically any recipe that calls for chicken! I'm excited to see how this works! And when I find an even better sale on chicken, I'm going to stock up and fill my freezer with this quick, already cooked chicken!

4 comments:

Tabatha & Michael Stimpson said...

i think im just gonna follow you around...mkay! :) oh! and u have to tell me what coupons to bring...cause i buy like 2-3 sunday papers so i have TONSSS of coupons...so yeah...ill just follow you around :D
btw, AWESOME!!!....ive meaning to do this stuff for YEARS!!!! but with work i never have to and or the desire to go from store to store...me lazy :)

Michele said...

I love hearing about your good deals! that's a good idea for your chicken too!

Ty and Zara Franklin said...

You are my inspiration! Way to go!

ceryl said...

Hey Angela! It's Ceryl...I did your Christmas Card. Your boys are stinkin' cute. I'm sure I'll be visiting alot to find out more about your killer deals...that stuff makes my heart happy!