{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm in Love...

With this little guy.
It's taken a long time to post more pictures because I have just tried to enjoy this time I have with Brody. Babies grow so fast and I have made a conscientious effort to not worry about all the little things that normally take up so much of my time (like house work & blogging). I start teaching preschool again on Monday, so I have tried to enjoy this time before "real life" starts again. 

It's amazing how much love I can feel for someone that has been here such a short amount of time.
The proud Papa
Our family of 5! (and the other guys that I am in love with, also)
Porter & Hudson have been super good big brothers. Hudson has actually wanted to hold Brody more than Porter, which surprises me. They are both very gentle with him and give him kisses all day long. It's neat to see my rough-n-tumble boys' soft side.

 Brody turned 2 weeks old yesterday. I was trying to get to this post yesterday so I could post these pictures on his 2 week old birthday, but that didn't happen. Things have been crazy around here with 3 small kids & we are all  still adjusting to the changes!
Brody is an ounce shy of being back to his birth weight. I am glad about that, because he wasn't gaining enough weight at first and I had to take him to several Dr. appts. just so they could weigh him. I guess now the Dr. believes me that I am feeding him! :)
Here are his 2 wk stats:
8 lbs. 6.5 oz. - 50%
21 in. - 75%
He still is hanging onto his umbilical cord.
He's got hair! My other babies just had blonde peach fuzz, so I was surprised to see how much hair Brody has & how dark it is. (even with his dark hair, I think he will still turn out to be a blonde, but we'll see!)
Brody's trying to keep up with his brothers. They have all been able to hold their heads up from day one. So strong!
Brody with Grandma Perry. She is always soooooo much help when I have a baby & I wish she lived closer.
Did I mention he is a good baby? He is, thank goodness! I wake him up one time during the night to eat. He is a good sleeper, hardly ever cries, and is getting the hang of nursing (we were struggling with that one for awhile). What more could a mama ask for?
Now to the birth story:
My due date came and went and I was still pregnant. My Dr. said he had no reason to induce me early and I really wanted to go into labor on my own, but finally I decided to be induced on Jan. 13th. I went in at 7:30am to start the whole process. I got all hooked up to the pitocin and was ready to start laboring. With Porter and Hudson, it didn't take very long for the pitocin to kick in and start labor. With Brody, it was very different. I waited and waited and waited for something to happen, and for 6 hours nothing did! My Dr. came in at 1:45pm and broke my water. That got things going quick! My contractions went from barely there to "I can't take this any more!" I wasn't planning on getting an epidural, because I didn't have one with my other two, but for some reason, these contractions seemed so much more unbearable. It wasn't long before I was yelling for an epidural! The anesthesiologist came in and slowly described the procedure and all the risks, all the while I was in agony and wanting to punch him in the face! He then said it would take 20 min. to get the epidural in. By this time I was feeling the urge to push. My nurse said go ahead, but then said to stop & urgently  called my Dr. in. He pretty much got there just in time to catch Brody! (10 min. after the anesthesiologist left. I'm glad I didn't get the epidural b/c it wouldn't have kicked in until after I had Brody!) He was born at 3:27pm. My labor was less than 2 hours long! I'm pretty sure that's why it was so intense. Let's just say I'm glad he's finally here!

4 comments:

Ty and Zara Franklin said...

Congrats! Brody is beautiful! We are so happy for your family!

Desiree said...

He's so sweet, and very adorable. I know what you mean about enjoying every moment, it's already going so fast!

Michele said...

He's so adorable! I love the lion outfit. enjoy him!

Melinda said...

How awesome! That's so crazy that the pitocin didn't do anything! When I was induced with Samantha, the contractions started fairly quick, but they didn't consider me "in labor" until the contractions were regular enough about 4 hours after the fact. I'm really hoping I don't have to be induced this time around. Congrats on having such a sweet easy baby!