{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hudson's little owie

WARNING! These pictures are not for the faint at heart! You may not want to look!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Told you so!

So, last night, Brandon was at church meetings. I was at home with the kids. We had just finished playing with the marble race when I decided to put Brody down for bed. I told Porter & Hudson that they could keep playing while I put Brody down. When I came out, they were still playing in the play room, but they were playing like any other brothers would be... wrestling. I didn't think anything of it, because that is a daily occurrence in our house. A few min. later, I heard the crying & Porter comes running in to me saying he didn't mean to do it. Then I saw Hudson walking toward me & I got squeamish!
I called Brandon & told him to come home. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I just put a wet wash cloth on it. Evidently, he hit his knee on the wall mirror where we have plastic brackets to hold it on the wall. We got a few opinions from some nurses Brandon works with, his brother who is a medic, and a guy who is in our ward and is a N.P. came over to look at it. They all said Hudson would most likely need stitches. So off to the ER we went. Luckily we have some awesome friends that stayed at our house with our sleeping kids so we could both go. Hudson was such a brave tough little kid! He even smiled when we took a picture of him at the hospital!
Getting our bracelets on. Hudson thought it was cool that he got to wear a green bracelet and this morning, he asked where it was because he said if he put it on, it would help him feel better:)
All I can say it ewe!
A not-so-happy camper:(
The doc said he could do stitches or steri-strips. He said the steri-strips would probably be better because stitches on the knee could tear with all the movement Hudson will be doing with his knee. So we decided on steri-strips. Hudson didn't even get any numbing!
Hudson was so funny telling the doctor what happened. These are his words: "Porter punched me. He was mean. And I broke my leg!" Hahaha!
We sure love this kid!