{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Buuuuuuusy!

We have been staying busy. I know, what a shocker:) Basketball for Porter is still going strong.We're half-way though the season.

Porter has so much fun, but is definitely still learning how to play (after-all, it's his first time!). He still gets confused at which basket he is supposed to score in:) Oops!

Brandon's happy, though, because if he's not very good at basketball, it will be easier to help him choose wrestling instead!

And speaking of wrestling, on Saturday we went to another OSU match. The Fale's came with us & we stopped at A&W for floats before.



Brandon had to get a picture of the boys wrestling shirts that Grandpa gave them.

We love going to these wrestling matches. We love that we can go as a whole family! And for under $25! Awesome!

Even Brody gets into it:)

After the match, the boys had to try out some moves on the mat!

Porter's been practicing his violin a lot. I am teaching him, so we have little lessons as part of his home school curriculum. Right now I am focusing on positions & posture. I am trying to remember what my teachers did to teach me how to play the violin. I should remember some things, after all I took lessons for 12 years straight! (And I have to add a huge thanks to my parents for funding all those expensive lessons & giving me such a great musical experience that I can now pass onto my own kids!) I remembered a foot position mat that I used when I was just starting lessons. It has two positions, one for when you have your violin at rest & one for when you are playing your violin.
At rest
Playing
Porter is definitely catching on quickly! It's not easy to hold the violin & bow correctly. There's a lot to think about at once, especially when you are not used to it!
Isn't he so cute, though?!?

This week in preschool we are learning about music & all kinds of musical instruments. Porter played his violin for the class...
And let each of them try playing it!

On a day that it wasn't raining, we decided to check out a brand new park in Gervais. It actually opened the end of November, but this was our first time going there. It's a great park! The boys had a blast! Porter & Hudson were so excited when some of their friends came out to play, also!











Brody. Where do I begin with Brody? He is giving me a run for my money! For such an easy baby, he sure is keeping me on my toes now! On Thursday evening I was on the phone with my mom & Brandon comes running to me with Brody telling me that he got into Porter's chewable fluoride & ate the whole bottle! Luckily it wasn't a new bottle. I had just remembered thinking I had about a week & then I would need to refill. But I still wasn't sure if he was going to be ok. I didn't hesitate to call Poison Control (which I have on speed dial. I had to call once when Porter ate some of my b.c. pills!) They said he would be fine. Luckily, he would have needed to eat a whole bunch to get sick. Don't ask me how he got the child-proof lid off!!! Now all the fluoride resides on the top shelf of their bookcase.

Here he is climbing & turning on the water. He uses that green bucket to get to everything!

One day when all my boys were outside playing in the backyard, Porter comes running inside yelling "Brody's naked!" I go out there & find this:
I actually thought he was going to be completely naked, because he still likes to take off all his clothes! You can't tell in the picture, but his diaper was off. I can't wait to get this kid potty trained because he hates wearing a diaper!

I found him on the counter. He had used that green bucket & pulled out a drawer to climb all the way up. And guess what he was up there for? The fluoride bottle! I had brought it into the kitchen to call in a refill & the little stinker found it again! Ahhhhh! There's never a break with this guy around...

Except when he crawls into a place where he gets stuck! Porter told me that Brody was stuck. I walk into the playroom & sure enough, he had gone behind the book case & couldn't get out! I used that to my advantage & left him there a little longer. It was nice to get a little cleaning up done without him going right behind me dumping it all out again! A momma's got to do what a momma's got to do, right? We sure love him, though!

1 comment:

Rronald Perry said...

I looooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee Brody!