{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I totally believe in bribery!

Porter is a big boy! We have been potty training him since August. It has been a slow process (slower than I thought it would be). He just doesn't like to stop what he's doing to go potty. Anyways, we've done the sticker charts and treats, and those don't seem to excite Porter anymore, so, we told him if he doesn't have an accident for a whole day, we will take him to...
Where the Wild Things Are! He loves this book and is excited to see the movie. Hopefully he can do it before this movie leaves the theaters!

And hopefully one accident-free day becomes two accident-free days, then one accident-free week, then month... I've had two in diapers for almost a year which is long enough!

6 comments:

Desiree said...

awesome! Yeah, the charts fizzled out for us, and we're still on this potty ride too. I just don't know how to get him to keep going, maybe it's more laziness on my part, but even when I really try he just doesn't want to stop what he's doing to go. Maybe I'll try the same thing, he's been asking to go to the movies...

Good luck!

Emily said...

I know girls are different than boys, but do you have him in pull-ups or underwear? I put Emily in underwear, and although messy for a little bit, she used the potty a lot more! I think pull-ups are too much like diapers. Underwear you feel everything! Just an idea. Good luck!

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

Yes, I have him in underwear, except when we go somewhere. He is just a very active little guy that doesn't like to be interrupted while playing. And girls are VERY different from boys, when it comes to potty training. When I worked at a toddler preschool, the girls were ALWAYS potty trained at an earlier age and with less struggling than the boys. I don't really know why, but that's just the way it is. I know eventually Porter will get it! He does good most of the time.

Sherice said...

Oh, good luck!! Potty training is so tough, my kids are always so stubborn. That is a pretty exciting outing he gets if he does it though, so hopefully it will work!!

M-O-R-G-A-N-'S said...

Savannah was difficult to train. Hailey was less difficult and when she got it down once ..well that was it she just got it period. I thought Savannah would go to Kindergarten still having accidents. lol But she didn't. Did Porter get through one day??? the girls want to see this movie too.

The Neils News said...

Well its a cute pic anyway. I am facing the same thing. Tanner has been ready since July, but with the move I haven't been ready. Maybe after the first of the year. Honestly I think the older they are the better anyway. Because, if they are totally ready you can train them at night too and skip the whole night time underwear thing. So,thats my two cents. Good luck!