{Little Learners Preschool}

Enrollment has started for Fall 2012. Check out my website!
www.littlelearnerspreschool.weebly.com

Sunday, November 29, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?

I have all of our Christmas decorations up, but where are the stockings? Aren't they supposed to be all lined up hanging from the mantel? Not in this house of a one-year-old! Porter is old enough to understand when I tell him not to touch things, but Hudson is another story. He had been walking for 4 months now, and has gotten really good at climbing, reaching, and getting into EVERYTHING (and he just barely turned one!) I had the stockings hanging on the mantel and he kept pulling them down. The problem is that our stocking holders are really heavy, and I was worried he was going to get hurt. So I decided to make some sacrifices and hang our stockings here instead:
We got out Christmas tree put up and Porter and Hudson were so excited to help. Last year we didn't have a Christmas tree because we were moving into our new house during Christmas, so it was extra exciting to get the thing put up this year.
When I said Hudson was having fun helping us get the tree up, that wasn't exactly the truth. He was actually having fun playing in the big box the tree came in!
Once again, I am making sacrifices because of a cute little one-year-old that resides in this house. I have decided not to even attempt putting presents under the tree. I know it would just be a battle the entire time! Instead, the wrapped presents are staying safe in our locked office!
I am so excited for Christmas! I always love this time of year! I am excited because my family is coming to visit and this year, they won't be helping us move into our house. We will just be able to relax, play games, do puzzles, watch movies, and enjoy spending time together as a family:)

2 comments:

Emily said...

The house looks beautiful! I was wondering where you got your Family Plaque and what size it is. I am wanting one for myself, but I am thinking it may be a good Christmas gift for others. Thanks!

Cadie said...

I love your tree! It's sooo cute! I hope you can make it to the party tomorrow! I'll miss you if you can't make it! Hope to see you soon!